NOTE THE SCOTTISH BIOFUEL PROGRAMME HAS CLOSED AS OF 31 MARCH 2017 WE ARE NO LONGER ABLE TO HELP WITH ENQUIRIES AND THIS WEBSITE IS JUST FOR INFORMATION PURPOSES ONLY
The Scottish Biofuel Programme is a national partnership of leading research institutions in the biofuel sector and offers a single access point to a broad range of specialist expertise.
The Scottish Biofuel Programme supports companies by investigating a diverse range of organic based by-products and waste, and the conversion of these into biofuels. The programme team advises businesses that are generating waste on alternative and sustainable disposal options. This is done through consultations, sector specific workshops, conferences, and a range of fact sheets and case studies.
What the Programme can do for you:
- Identify the economic and environmental benefits of biofuel opportunities
- Determine the most appropriate biofuel technology for individual waste streams
- Analyse biomass to assess its biofuel potential
- Demonstrate biofuel production process viability
- Develop innovative solutions for cost-effective biomass disposal
- Provide tailored advice on current legislation and regulations
- Facilitate research and commercial partnerships through our strategic network